Pending User-Friendly forums

Your post is still pending.

RoseyJazzy3

Hello! I would like to suggest a more user-friendly forum lay out. I understand that the server is still in beta of course. The forums are a bit hard to navigate, and finding specific information is hard to find. Thank you!

pixYcandi

Leading by the Terrifying Power of ADHD
Staff member
Server Admin
Staff
Hey there! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help us improve Waymaker!

What are the characteristics about the forums that you find difficult to navigate? I would love to know so that I can improve your experience!

mcmonkey

Danger To Self And Others
Staff member
Server Admin
Staff
Hey there! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help us improve Waymaker!

What are the characteristics about the forums that you find difficult to navigate? I would love to know so that I can improve your experience!
I'd love to hear the perspective of new players like Rosey on this, but while we wait for their reply, there are a few obvious things I can note myself here.
First: this thread is the first "Player Suggestion" post, as the other three submitted were in "Feedback and Suggestions" https://forum.waymakermc.com/forums/feedback-and-suggestions.20/ lol.
There's a lot of redundancy and unclear-purpose with the different sections.
We have two sections labeled "Market" and one labeled "Auctions"
We have sections that have never been used, like "Help Forum" or "Bug Reports"
We have sections where the only usages have been deleted, like "The Beastiary", "Character Permissions", "City Elections"
We have "Appeal Your Jail" which doesn't correspond to any actual jail system on server, we have "Appeal Your Mute" but we don't actually use muting on server...
We have multiple dedicated "Template" sections that contain example one thread - the template, which should be merged as pinned threads or readily accessible links from the relevant sections, rather than dedicated side sections.

Finding critical threads is a bit confusing...
- Where do you go to find a business? Er, the "approved businesses" section. Wat? (This one could be fixed by just removing "Approved" from the section title)
- Where do you go to request build staff build something? ... Marketplace? wat?

We should also add on-page section descriptions.
atm it looks like:
b5eafb.png

But consider this example from a different xenforo site:
b8071c.png

Each section has a second line explaining the purpose of it.

RoseyJazzy3

I'm so sorry about late reply! But "There's a lot of redundancy and unclear-purpose with the different sections." I agree with this! I feel the confusing titles with around the same purpose can confuse new players like me. And some of the sections to find certain information can be confusing or not specific enough. That could be because lore is still being worked with, which I totally understand! Keep up the good work guys!