Alias: Rhyder
Race: [Val'korei] Half-Human
Specifics: ½ Val'korei Human, ¼ Ai'din Elf, ¼ Kraumdall Dwarf
Sexuality: Demisexual
Languages: Rh'lyr, Common, and Miniscule Stonetongue

1611620842078.png
Supposition

Physical Appearance:
◓ Rhy has masculine features, most notably the strong facial structure accompanied with a wider nose and almond-shaped eyes with angled eyebrows. The eyes hold a dulled golden-yellow, sharpened fangs to her teeth, and hair that is an ebony brown, almost appearing completely black. Her ears are a rounded point, partial evidence of her elven ancestry, with skin that was once walnut brown turned ashy in color. The hair on her head is always cut short, tiny yet thickened curls that make her hair untamed with an undercut give her an edge. In addition, she stands around 6’7 and has broad shoulders to go with her curved form that’s mostly filled out with muscle. Limited amount of fat and many scars that riddle over her, with the biggest being found on her left shoulder. Along with the scars, an odd tattoo can be found on her right arm and over her eyes.

Clothing Description:
◓ A majority of the time, Rhy will be found wearing simple clothes. The only additions would be the items or objects she’d tie to her belt for that day. This also includes armor that she has strapped to her as extra defense. She’d only wear brown shades and the optional color of blue, as simple shirts and pants. Rhy would never willingly wear a dress or skirt and tends to steer away from too many accessories.

Inventory Description:
Tied on Belt:

• Leather Pouch
- Trade Gold
• Hatchet
• Lantern {Duration of 3 Hours}
• Waterskin
• Rope {40 Feet}

Backpack
• Sturdy Shackles
• Bar of Lavender Soap
• Leather-Wrapped Jerky {Venison, Deer, Boar}, Hardtack, Dried Fruits {Apple, Berries}, and Nuts
• Roll of Bandages
• Thin Wooden Box of Matches
• 3 Hunting Traps
• Spice Kit
• Metal Bowl
1611620754568.png
Supposition

Profession:
◓ Hunting
• The main focus of her time and persistence would be hunting. Even when she was sailing, the frequent stops gave way to unrelenting wilderness which had begun to perk her interest. It was when she decided to settle did Rhy make the full commitment to hunting. The skill has since improved to the point that she’s able to track after even people in the foresty biome. But, her primary hunt are on animals of all kinds, skinning them for pelts, and preparing the meat. Along with scavenging and gathering, an extended knowledge of which plants can be consumed. Recently, her hunting has started to weaning into pathfinding and forest ventures.

Hobbies:
◓ Combatant
• Throughout her constant traveling, Rhy was able to pick up a variety of fighting techniques. Despite that, she’s often gravitated to axe fighting and martial arts. It’s unclear why, but it’s always been her preferred methods of combat and is why she keeps fit. Both in strength and endurance, and even has a decent acrobatic reflex.
Light Crushing [Axes]
• Shattering Defense
☾ Unarmed [Fists]
• Old One-Two

◓ Woodworking
• Much like hunting, woodworking is an independent skill Rhy learned and steadily began to enjoy. Using it like a way to escape any overthinking, emotional issues, or just about any problems that could be shown as an outward weakness. The woodworking mostly covers cutting down trees, carving, carpentry, and certain wooden builds.

◓ Culinary
• A skill Rhy has began to develop and use more as she hunts on Darroway, often embarrassed and shying away from telling anyone beyond her siblings of it. Covering mostly cooking, beside baking and limited amount of drink mixing or brewing.

Weaknesses:
◓ Emotions & Feelings
◓ Trypanophobia
◓ Curse

1611620815103.png
Supposition

Personality & Attributes:
◓ Rhy is hard to connect or converse with, she often gives people a cold-shoulder and stays mostly to herself. Almost like reclusive behavior, where she’d naturally be outcast for her tendencies to avoid talking. Her intimidating stature and eyes that always hold a glare doesn’t make her too approachable either. While Rhy is completely useless in a social standpoint, she makes up for in her independent skills. Her determination makes her both a reliable ally and a stubborn opponent, with a spirit that refuses to quit. And despite her inability to process emotions, and refusal to acknowledge feelings, Rhy does her best to learn for the two ‘siblings’ she has.

Life Story:
  • Born on May 17th, likely in Owasa, to Balok Hun'iryn, a dwelf explorer and Valerie ‘The Wild’ Reks , a pirate navigator. The pair came together after the ship Balok had been on was overtaken by the pirates. Shenanigans happened and the two ventured off, later giving birth to Devyn.
  • As a young toddler, Dev would often get dragged along on her two parents' adventures. This led to her mostly being raised in various coves and temporary stops that her parents made along the way. Developing a complex understanding of home, more so her lack of it.
  • Growing up in a constantly changing environment wasn’t so hard on the younger Dev since she did have both her parents, following in their footsteps of adventuring, and relying on the support they gave to push forward to become a pirate. Despite Dev’s doubts, they still grew to become just like her parents.
  • Committing to her life as an adventurer, Dev separates from her parents to join her own crew and boat at the age of seventeen. This would be the last time she sees her parents, leaving a bittersweet moment in her last memory of them.
  • To pass the time, Dev took up wood carving and crafting on the ship. It never became particularly useful at the time, but it was a side hobby of interest to her.
  • After a particularly bad fight, Dev was sent in for healing. She’d received a bad slice on her left foot and needed stitches. Unfortunately, after needing to be strapped down and forced to endure a painful sewing of her wound, Dev sustained a fear of needles. And tends to steer away from mundane doctors.
  • During her travels, Dev came across an Ai'din Elf, named Toavae, that she began to fall for. Unfortunately, the elf did not return the feelings after the many months they spent together. Though, she often finds herself missing the Elven woman.
  • While taking a stop at a local tavern, a brawl starts and in the aftermath she finds Rohan and Rhiannon. The pair intrigued her, and didn’t leave her alone so from that day forth they became an inseparable trio.
  • When Dev was twenty-seven, they were involved in a fight with a mage overseas. Unlike many other fights, this one ended with Dev suffering a life threatening injury to her left shoulder from an explosion. Not only did it damage her shoulder, almost leaving her without a left arm, but the event caused her some physiological damage. As a result, she opted to settle and retire from any kind of oversea adventuring.
  • Traveling to a relatively new place called Darroway, to allow a stable land to settle and some exploration for her two siblings.
  • Currently, Dev goes by the name ‘Rhyder’ in her new home in attempts to abandon most of her history, focusing more on making a stable living through hunting rather than adventuring. Keeping only Rohan and Rhiannon close as they began to settle in an unknown territory.
  • Having now spent a few months in Darroway, the eventfulness being immense as she'd have her soul taken from her and when attempting to get it back from the spirit realm, they'd be aged four years physically from touching the soul river within the realm. Now Rhyder has her soul back, but at what cost?
1611620799393.png

Last edited:

Sujitation

Founder
Art Pieces
6F8D1BF1-23C6-4D4F-998E-259860FF5A69.jpeg
^Made by @Sirimiri7 on Twitter^

1610912740881.jpeg
^Made by @Jackiekuhnart on Twitter^

Last edited:

Percuriam

Weaver of Fates
Black History Month 2021 Donator
Hi Suji, here's a few notes on the app:
  • For her Profession, you could probably expand hunting or expound on the types of things that she is capable of doing. This isn't necessary, but if you feel the need to do so in the future please let me know. Hunting itself is fairly narrow, so if you wanted to expand on her capabilities I think her age is adequate enough for you to do so.
  • Weaknesses look really good, except for the little instance where it says Traditionally Speed on the third bullet point. Might want to fix that or explain what it means.
  • Reclusive or Shy type personally can sometimes be a bit difficult in a multiplayer server environment, so I always tell people to keep an open mind about how their characters talk to people and interact where they classically would not have. I think that you're a competent enough roleplay to understand that, but I just wanted to note it in case you needed some encouragement on stepping outside of you or your character's bubble.
  • The Life Story has a really cozy narrative feel to it and feels accurate to the character, and the retired adventurer archetype is something really neat to step into. However, I'd like to see something towards the end about why she's come to Darroway if she was intent on giving up adventuring because the Island itself is quite difficult to survive on traditionally.
Overall the app looks good and the character is well thought out and interesting, so bravo. Make the few edits in bullet points #2 and #4 and @ tag me when you are finished.

Sujitation

Founder
Hi Suji, here's a few notes on the app:
  • For her Profession, you could probably expand hunting or expound on the types of things that she is capable of doing. This isn't necessary, but if you feel the need to do so in the future please let me know. Hunting itself is fairly narrow, so if you wanted to expand on her capabilities I think her age is adequate enough for you to do so.
  • Weaknesses look really good, except for the little instance where it says Traditionally Speed on the third bullet point. Might want to fix that or explain what it means.
  • Reclusive or Shy type personally can sometimes be a bit difficult in a multiplayer server environment, so I always tell people to keep an open mind about how their characters talk to people and interact where they classically would not have. I think that you're a competent enough roleplay to understand that, but I just wanted to note it in case you needed some encouragement on stepping outside of you or your character's bubble.
  • The Life Story has a really cozy narrative feel to it and feels accurate to the character, and the retired adventurer archetype is something really neat to step into. However, I'd like to see something towards the end about why she's come to Darroway if she was intent on giving up adventuring because the Island itself is quite difficult to survive on traditionally.
Overall the app looks good and the character is well thought out and interesting, so bravo. Make the few edits in bullet points #2 and #4 and @ tag me when you are finished.
1. There were a few points hidden in there, but I added just a lil more. As well as giving some space for ‘learning roleplay’ with cooking.

2. Decided to remove this one all together, I covered a bit of it in her combatant hobby section.

3. This is true, though, I’ve discussed it with the two other players how our characters will work. Since playing a character that is rather Icly dependent on the other two to help force her out of her comfort zone seems like a great take on development roleplay. That, and further on, I might have her open a lil hunting guild to teach people how to survive in the woods like hermits.

4. Many thanks, and I added another bullet for this. Essentially wanting to settle to live on /land/, but still giving her siblings a good chance to explore a new environment.